Saturday 26 December 2009

leaflet

I began by setting out my Leaflet template in In Design, I downloaded a template of the Adobe website, I chose an A4 template. Before I started to design it in In Design I looked at various random leaflets to see how they were folded, set out and the general overall functionality of them. I first made a paper version, so I knew how I was going to fold it and where each page was going to go. This would not only help me when coming to do it in In Design but it also would help me to visualize what I was going to put on each side. Printing would be a challenge and a bit of trial and error as I would have the same piece of paper through the printer twice, so it printed on both sides.

I started with the front of my leaflet, introducing the subject of the leaflet with some illustration. I needed to choose a colour for the background of the leaflet, my first choice was to pick a shade of blue, as this would compliment the Dada artwork, as blue is a commonly used colour. I was not sure which colour to have my writing in, however I left it in black to begin with just to see how I got along with it. As I started to develop the front etc, I brought in a couple of other colours, pink, yellow and a darker blue, I decided to bring these colours in as I have used similar ones in my poster and thought it would all tie in together if I did so.

I decided that I was going to include a time line of the Dada events, and lay it out across two pages, I was not sure to keep it solely to just text of to include some pictures to illustrate. I would also like to elaborate on some key dates from the time line that were important during the Dada movement. Also I am going to include a brief introduction about the history/origins of the Dada movement. Below is both sides of my finished leaflet.



No comments:

Post a Comment