Wednesday 7 October 2009

Methods, processes and problem solving Panorama 1

My First Panorama that I decide create as the yard. I began by getting all my images in order first, I found that it helped instead of opening all my images at once, to open one at a time in the right order saved a massive amount of time. I had taken so many images because I did such an large overlap about 70% I found that lots of the images I did not need to use. However there was an advantage of doing this because it gave me a greater selection to pick from and therefore easy to match up. Below is a screen shot of all my images lined up and ready to be manipulated and blended.


Next I began to blend and manipulate my images, I did this by using the brush tool and the the warp tool the most. To be able to brush and blend the edges of my photos, you had to add a layer mask to the layer. This would only work if you had the layer mask selected, otherwise if you had the image selected you would paint on the image, this would case lots of problems. You had to be careful with the blend tool as you can over brush the image and make it look messy, you can increase and decrease the hardness and size of the brush. I did this quite frequently when I only needed it used very lightly and in small or large areas. The colour and contrast tool I found to be very useful as many of of images differed in colour.




Next Once I was happy with the way it looked and had flattened my image, it was time to match the ends up. Firstly I need to find an area of little detail on my image and with the rectangular marquet tool select my first half, next I held down the apple key and pushed J, this recreated that half in a new layer. I now need to inverse my selection, so holding down apple and clicking on the thumbnail, going to 'select' 'inverse' this would then recreate the other half in a new layer. Now I needed to swap the half round and join them. When I did this I had a slight problem as they did not match as I would have liked. I needed to warp and merge the two images like I had done previously in order to connect them. However I could not move the image up or down because if I did it would not match up when it came time to put it into a QTVR, so I could only warp and transform them.

Just left to do after this was to put it into a programme called Stitcher, this would carry through to my final product the QTVR, this programme was very easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment