Monday 9 November 2009

My Character

I now need my character, my mascot, this character will need to have personality , be cute and the children must love him/her. The character needs to help sell my cereal, I have thought of doing many different animals, to include Giraffes, Elephants, Lions, Hedgehogs etc, I also thought about doing a person as my character. After sketching out all these different ideas, which are in my sketch book, I decided upon the Hedgehog as I thought he had most personality and the most lovable character. I did several drafts of him, and brainstormed a few possible names, a name will make him more personable. The possible names that I came up with were: Mario, Leonardo, Duke, Henry, Lulu, Prince, Hank, Hector, Hercules, Horton, Howard, Hugo, Hettie and Hilda. There were several names that I thought might work which were, Hercules, Hector and Horton

However I wasn't sure whether I needed to have the character's name linked to the name of the cereal? For example the monkey on the Coco Pops is called Coco because of the chocolate of the cereal and snap, crackle and pop for rice Krispies as this is the sound that the cereal makes. This is not always the case with the cereal characters as Toni the tiger. I needed to rethink and see if I could come up with a name that links to the cereal.

Below is my final character, his name is Hector the Hedgehog.








No comments:

Post a Comment